What we are doing to keep you safe:
- When you arrive, you will be met at the front door for check-in. We have a screening station where you will be asked questions about recent symptoms and contacts with sick people. If you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have had close contact with a person that has symptoms you will be asked to reschedule your visit.
- After check-in you will be escorted to an exam room.
- Masks have been shown to reduce transmission of disease and all of our staff will be wearing one.
- Our doctors and staff are regularly washing their hands and using hand sanitizer before and after each patient visit.
- High-touch surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Each exam room is disinfected between patients.
- There will be very few patients waiting in the lobby during your visit.
- Large plexiglass shields have been installed at the check-out desk to limit air flow.
- Doctors and staff that are working in the room with you will be wearing a face mask at all times and face shields when necessary.
- Our slit-lamps have been equipped with large plexiglass shields that help prevent air movement between you and the doctor.
- We are conducting daily symptom and temperature screenings of all doctors and staff and are not permitting any to come to work if they have concerning symptoms. Only healthy staff without known COVID-19 contacts are permitted to come to work.
What you can do to keep us safe:
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, headache, fever, muscle aches, chills, sore throat, or repeated shaking with chills.
- Bring your own mask and wear it at all times when in the clinic. Even if it's a scarf or t-shirt, please cover your mouth and nose. Anything in front of your nose and mouth will catch some droplets and lessen the chance of transmitting disease.
- We prefer only the patient to enter the clinic. If the patient requires assistance, one person is allowed to accompany them.
- When you check in please sanitize your hands at the desk.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Please maintain at least 6 feet of space between others in the clinic.
- Please refrain from talking during the slit-lamp portion of the exam.
While we can't guarantee that we are all free of the virus, if we work together we can significantly reduce the chances that we will transmit it to each other. Thank you for your assistance in reducing the spread of the virus.
Some patients have problems that can be assessed and treated using telehealth or virtual visits. If you have an eye or eyelid problem that can be assessed using a virtual visit you can use your smartphone or tablet to connect with your doctor. You will first receive a message alerting you and then be connected via our clinic number. Please be aware that these are billable visits that will be submitted to your insurance. In addition, telehealth conversations will also be used going forward to reduce the number of patients that need to make a clinic visit. Telehealth conversations will also be billed through your insurance.